1. Do you need to watch faces in order to understand what people are saying?
2. Do you have difficulty understanding others in noisy places like busy stores or restaurants?
3. Do you need to turn the television or radio up louder than other people?
4. Have you begun avoiding situations where you have difficulty hearing what people say?
5. Do you have tinnitus, annoying noises in your ears that seem to distract you when you are trying to listen?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you should schedule a hearing test. A comprehensive hearing evaluation will help determine whether you need medical assistance with a significant ear problem and whether amplification may help you hear better.